Space Gallery - Picture Society

'Coyote' by Annie Marie Musselman



Picture Society
Space Gallery 


Nancy Baron backyard morning
 Jonathan Blaustein: "Mine"

"Everything you see in these photographs is MINE. My farm. My property. My nature.
I own it. After examining food in my last project, "The Value of a Dollar," this time around, I wanted to focus on territory. The Earth itself. So I mined my own natural resources for a year, here on my land in Northern New Mexico, and removed the artifacts to my studio. Then, I fabricated the animals and objects into sculptures to be photographed. Products. Commodities.
This series of photographs is envisioned as the first wave of products offered by the Blaustein Mining Company, my corporate alter ego. As such, MINE is ongoing. The images are direct representations of dual processes: my creative practice, and the capitalistic behavior through which we extract what we wish from the Earth for our own material gain."


Benjamin Rasmussen: "Home"

Benjamin Rasmussen is a photographer based in Denver, Colorado.

He spent his childhood with an indigenous people group on an island in the southern Philippines, his university years with evangelicals in a small town in northern Arkansas, and a year with the descendants of Vikings in the Faroe Islands, a nation of 45,000 residents in the middle of the North Atlantic.

Annie Marie Musselman: "Finding Trust"

Her first personal project, Finding Trust, started 7 years ago at a wildlife sanctuary near Seattle. It has been featured in several magazines and exhibitions, “I strive to confront the destructive side of human impact on the survival of all wild creatures.” Currently she is working on a project photographing animals in specific sanctuaries around the world to raise awareness of the fragility and beauty of endangered/indicator species – animals which if saved, would save countless other species as well.


Dave Woody "Portraits" 

The work is an investigation of how we present ourselves to the world- the clothes we wear, the make-up, the sense of self-image. It's a desire on my part to find a softness in people behind their presentation of self to the world. The camera lets us linger on a rumpled bit of clothing, or an imperfection in skin, which allows us to get a sense of the person behind the image. The images are meant (in size (about life-size) and clarity) to feel like we are apprehending the person right before us, allowed to enter their space and to sit with them in an intimate closeness. We are so rarely given that opportunity. 

Space Gallery 
765 Santa Fe Drive, Denver, CO

Picture Society