SPACE Annex Paul Brokering's - Rear View Mirror March 29th

UPCOMING EXHIBITION

REAR VIEW MIRROR

ARTIST RECEPTION: FRIDAY MARCH 29TH 2019
EXHIBITION DATES: MARCH 29TH - MAY 4TH

FEATURING NEW WORK BY:

Please join us Friday March 29th to celebrate Paul Brokering's solo exhibition Rear View Mirror  13 Typologies. The exhibition will take place at our new ANNEX location (95 South Cherokee) with an artist reception from 6pm-9pm. More details to come!

Artist statement~ “My commercial photography work and personal travels take me down many highways, streets and sidewalks, usually moving through the world much too quickly. An arrangement of grain elevators, the light of a building or oddity, they are ahead of me, and almost immediately they are behind me. I have to decide: do I turn around or keep moving forward? This seems to me like an apt metaphor for contemporary life, the future hurtling towards us and then, in the blink of an eye, it’s already behind us, in the past... it’s all in our rear view mirror.
Rear View Mirror •13 Typologies is my way of classifying 325 images, each organized by a unifying color. The dissimilar oddities, landscapes, signs, buildings, and places create a singular abstract image; a color field. Each grid of 25 images is set inside a 44” x 44” square paired with a single image from the grid printed at 44” x 44”. Each viewer lands on a different image. I find the different interpretations of each typology very interesting."


Space Gallery | 400 Santa Fe Drive, Denver, CO 80204