Foothills Art Center

Beyond Words
Member Preview and Award Ceremony: January 23, 2015  5-8pm

On View to the Public: January 24 - March 22, 2015

Lecture by Juror Alicia Bailey: March 8, 2015   2pm

Journey through Author of My Current Condition, my book installation that will be on view during
"Beyond Words" a juried group exhibition of contemporary book art.
Limited edition and unique artists' books and installations will be on view.



Author of My Current Condition (detail) | Mixed media installation: books |
automatic writing | objects | photographs


A self-portrait of personal events is the dominant theme of my confessional art. Originating from my childhood, Author of My Current Condition is a retrospective of trauma, betrayal, truth in memory, and identity. An installation of past personal experiences is interpreted with evidence of conflicting memories to be read and decoded. Employing archetypal symbols charged with sexuality and narrative, the relationship and language between my objects and colors reconstruct the past. White books on the floor shaped as cairns, together with everyday objects and applied text, speak as cyphers for memories and emotions.


Foothills Art Center
809 15th Street
Golden, CO 80401
303.279.3922
foothillsartcenter.org

Gallery Hours:
Tues - Sat 10 - 5pm
Sun 12 - 5pm