CU MFA Graduate Thesis Exhibition, Opening April 5

The CU Art Museum and the Department of Art & Art History present
 the Spring 2013 Graduate Thesis Exhibition, held in the Projects
 Gallery of the CU Art Museum, part of the
Visual Arts Complex on the University of Colorado Boulder campus.
OPENING RECEPTION:
 FRIDAY, APRIL 5, 5 - 7PM IN THE CU ART MUSEUM LOBBYThe artists:
Jenna Maurice Montazeri
My work is concerned with reactive relationships with the landscape as a way to grasp insight into the essence of the experience of these presented elements of nature. These interactions make way for the possibility of the landscape to be thought of in regards to emotion and connection, and focus on concrete questions that determine the limitation of our human experience.
Ryan Wade Ruehlen
I collect and create specific phenomena by shifting ordinary moments, unveiling patterns and gestures within our contemporary world. I manipulate, compress, de-compose, amplify, and distort the materials in order to find discrepancies in the reality we know. Much of my work incorporates video and sound-based media, creating meditative spaces through simple actions and observations.
You Jin Seo
The remembrance of certain places I find myself in as part of daily life or travels often becomes deeply engraved in my mind but the experience of the landscape is often deconstructed in my memory and fades away with time. My intent and hope for my work is to preserve the memory of the feelings I experienced in a certain place and space in order to share my feelings and awe of that place with ours.
Ashley Eliza Williams
I'm interested in the fragility and resilience of ancient things. This project investigates natural disturbances, genetic abnormalities, and deviations in growth. Through the language of painting, I search for patterns that provide a glimpse of our future landscape.
CU ART MUSEUM HOURS
Monday – Friday: 10am – 5pm
Tuesday: 10am to 7pm
Saturday: 12pm – 4pm
For more information, 303.492.8300